Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Step One

I would like to have a fancy, big name publishing house produce my picture books in large glossy texts with award winning illustrations. I want children to check my books out at the library. I want to see my books in a bookstore, like on a shelf, where complete strangers can see and buy them. That is my goal.

But before I reach that goal I need experience. And what better place to start than in smaller, non-traditional markets? With that in mind, I recently focused my submissions on e-zines, websites, and niche magazines for kids. And you know what? It's starting to work. I have two pieces that will be published in the next few months!! And I've had two other works posted on a couple of websites. You know what that's called? Publishing credits baby. Plus I've learned about some fantastic innovative publishers.

So starting today, I'm going to create posts, hopefully once a week, that center on these sorts of non-traditional publishers. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment